Fruit and Nut Oatmeal
- Add dried cranberries, almonds and skim milk to plain instant oatmeal, and microwave for sixty seconds.
Shake It Up, Baby!
- Whir low-fat milk, frozen strawberries, and a banana in a blender for thirty seconds. Add some protein powder or yogurt for added energy.
- Spread peanut butter in a whole grain hot dog bun; plop in a banana, and sprinkle with raisins or drizzle with honey.
- Sprinkle grated Monterey Jack cheese over a corn tortilla; fold in half, and microwave for twenty seconds. Top with salsa.
- Place two egg whites in a bowl with cooked turkey/chicken sausage or bacon. Cook in microwave for 45 seconds and place in whole wheat tortilla. Top with salsa.
Yogurt with Granola
- Grab a yogurt and sprinkle with granola.
Sausage and Eggs
- Place two egg whites in a bowl with slices of lowfat turkey or chicken sausage. Whisk together with a fork and microwave for 45 seconds.
- Place two egg whites in a bowl with diced red pepper, mushrooms, zucchini, etc. Whisk together with a fork and microwave for 45 seconds.
Cream of Wheat and Berries
- Pour ¼ cup Cream of Wheat in a bowl, add berries and cover with skim milk. Stir together and microwave for 45 seconds.
Bacon and Egg Sandwich
- Place two egg whites in a bowl. Whisk and microwave for 45 seconds. Place on whole grain English muffin and top with one slice turkey bacon.
Already Out-the-Door Options:
- Keep packages of instant oatmeal at your desk for an emergency.
- Fast Food Picks: Oatmeal with berries, egg sandwich with ham (no cheese), yogurt parfait, egg white flat breads or wraps (no cheese).